I haven't done a blog award/tag post in a looooong time... (just over 2 years to be exact) and I decided that as I managed to get two in the past week, now was the time to pass them on. I'm going to try not to repeat myself from my previous facts, so if you want to read more about me, you can see previous random facts here.
First up is the My Favourite Things of 2012 tag from the lovely Belen, who I have been blog friends with for what feels like forever. You should head over and say hi!!
So, here goes... Favourite Makeup - My favourite makeup is actually two things, the new They're Real mascara from Benefit (though is it that new now?). It's a bit pricey but it is worth it, I've tried a lot of mascaras and this is honestly the best I've ever used. My second new favourite is the Rimmel Just Bitten Lipstain, specifically in Crush. It looks so pretty and lasts ages. I totally blame Ashley for this, I had to get one after seeing her video on it.
Favourite Book - Hmm, I'm trying to think if I read anything new. I started Life of Pi in December, and I'm enjoying that so far but I mostly spent 2012 rereading my old favourites, pretty much every book series by David Eddings and also the 'In Death' series by J.D. Robb.
Favourite Album - I suck at picking one favourite, so instead my top 3 albums of last year Magic Hour by the Scissor Sisters (my all time fave band ever) In our Heads by Hot Chip (My all time 2nd fave) Haunted Man by Bat for Lashes. 2012 was a good year for music.
One thing that I'm grateful for - The people that I love. 2012 was a very weird year... and so many people were supportive of me and there when I needed them. I have a lot of amazing people in my life and I will forever be blown away and so grateful for them.
Greatest Challenge - Accepting myself. 2012 really was a good year to pick the word 'considerate' and I learnt that although you may be who you are because of the people around you - you are also who you are in-spite of them and that's pretty awesome.
What are you looking forward to in 2013? - Oh gosh, what am I not looking forward to! 2013 is exciting, birthday's, hen parties, holiday's, crochet projects... but mostly, I can't wait for the Summer and to take lots of photos. Oh also, I should have my e-course ready sometime this year, I finally realised what it is I actually want it to be, so now I just need to crack on with it. Woop! This year should be good.
Next up is the Liebster blog award which I received from Nancy at Little Pink Cakes who lives in Berlin.
"Liebster" is German for something like "dearest" or "favourite" and the award aims to feature small, great blogs and help them to be discovered by more people. In fact, it is no "real" award. If you receive it, you can accept it and then pass it on - a simple concept. Means, there is no competition or application or jury or any such things.
So here are the few rules of the award:
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you:
- pass the award onto at least 3–5 other blogs and ask them 11 questions. Make sure you tell them you nominated them!
- you are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you...
11 Facts about Me
1. I absolutely love making crochet gifts, I'm currently making an awesome blanket. 2. I keep saying that I'll get a dog before I'm 30, but 30 is really creeping up now... 3. I love pickled food, pickled chilli is my new and current favourite. 4. I have a small scar on my forehead where I fell over as a toddler. 5. I know 5 people who have got engaged in the last 2 months, honestly, I'm a little freaked out by it. 6. I'm totally addicted to games on my phone and tablet. Current favourites are Temple Run 2 and Monsters Ate My Condo... they're so fun! 7. I love running. That feeling of being 'in the zone' is amazing. 8. I am always excited about something. There is so much to look forward to. 9. I still haven't found the perfect weekday breakfast... 10. I am a total sucker for a happy ending. 11. I always listen to music at work.
My answers to 11 questions...
At work... oops. I write most of my blog spots in my lunch and then schedule them for the next day though, so its fine.
To the beach. Always.
4. Take the book you are reading at the moment and quote the third sentence from page 42. "You won't tell?" Jo to Laurie in Little Women. I always have this book on my phone with me for emergencies, I love it.
5. Is there a film you could watch over and over again? Which one? I watch so many over and over, but the one would be The Incredibles. I just love it.
6. How does your usual Sunday look like? A little lay in, bacon and eggs for breakfast, cleaning, doing the washing, going for a nice walk, lots of nice food, I ring my parents and then we usually watch a film before bed.
Not as many as I used too haha, which is amazing. Perhaps 12 including boots and wellies.
9. If an alien asked you which place to visit on earth what would you recommend? Ohhh tough... everywhere! That's where I'd want to go... how could you decide??
10.What's your favourite quote? "No one needs to tell you you're in love, you just know it, through and through." (yes, its from the Matrix, I don't care, I love it)
And my questions are... (I've borrowed a couple from Nancy as I like them)
1. If you could play any instrument, what would it be? 2. If you could beam yourself, where would you go in exactly this moment? 3. What is the thing you never forget to take with you? Except your keys. And except your mobile. And except your camera. :) 4. What is your favourite kind of cake? 5. Is there a film you could watch over and over again? Which one? 6. What word describes you best? 7. How many pairs of shoes do you have? 8. What is your favourite Pixar film? 9. If an alien asked you which place to visit on earth what would you recommend? 10.What's your favourite quote? 11. What really makes you laugh?
Ta da! That was a bit of fun for a Friday wasn't it. Have a great weekend!
p.s. Michelle from Mizhenka is giving away a 35mm Juice Box Camera - how fun!