I'm back!! I totally didn't mean to leave my blog empty last week - I had the best intentions to write posts but life/days off kind of got in the way - well, crochet and relaxing got in the way, lets be honest. I'm kind of glad they did though, because now I'm more excited than ever to be back, especially as I have lots of photos to share, hurray!
First, a huge thank you to Dianne, Katie and Clare for their guest posts, I really do think I'm so lucky to have amazing friends both online and offline :)
- The tiles!! Oh my gosh, the tiles in Porto are amazing - why don't we have tiles like that on buildings in England?! And the colourfully painted buildings too. England needs some colour!
- The mini golf - Thomas and I played two games on mini golf on the courses of the 2012 European Minigolf Championship and it was amazing, it was just us, having lots of fun :) You can even see a video of the courses here - though Thomas and I don't have the same mad skills haha.
- The Port. Of course you have to try Port when you're in Porto don't you. We did a tour which was great and discovered white port - and it is delicious - which is weird coming from a red wine drinker.
- The custard pastries... oh my, the custard pastries. I love custard, I love pastry. Its a double win.
- I always list food in these lists - but food makes a holiday for me - and we tried an amazing sausage of pork, chicken and soaked bread and that was probably my favourite food of the whole trip - but I can't remember what it was called.
- Talking of food - the Francesinha... it had to be seen to be believed. And eaten :) haha.
- Walking along the river. I love the water and the river was delightful with the sun twinkling of it. Just beautiful.
- And of course, the bridges. We walked over the top of the Dom Luis Bridge on our first day and the views were gorgeous across the city.
- NOS Primavera Sound. Our holidays are usually based on festivals - we went to one in Krakow and Paris - but I think this one may be my favourite yet. It was in a huge park, you could see the see in the distance and the bands were great (highlights were Haim, !!!, Charles Bradley, St Vincent, Shellac and John Grant - who we also saw in the airport on the way home, I geeked out a little, I love John Grant!)
- The old trams along the river. I love old trams. I took a lot of photos of them.
- The churches - Everywhere we've been has had lovely churches - but I've never seen a whole church with carved, painted gold wooden features before, or churches with tiles everywhere.
- Having a fuji instax photo taken in one of the restaurants. Our photo is still in Porto on their wall - shame I can't remember which restaurant it was though.
- Our little apartment. We had a seating area outside and it was perfect for enjoying a nice cold beer and some pastries.
- The little old ladies looking our of their windows. When I grow up, I want to watch the people go by out of my window as well. They waved at tourists too which I thought was great.
- Sitting eating cheese and drinking wine on the river front over looking the water and the bridge. Perfect.
So there you go. I loved Porto!