I'm back in England and I have a serious case of Paris blues.
I can't wait to share everything about our week away but right now I have no idea where to start - I am picking my film photos up later today though... I'm so excited/nervous!!
First I think, a little list of things I want to remember about Paris...
1. The underground Metro jingle is really happy.
2. The eclairs are filled with chocolate instead of cream!!
3. I didn't eat one macaron or crepe, the other pastries were too good to ignore.
4. I am not above stealing a roll of toilet paper at a music festival.
5. I love Art Museums - seriously, all the best artists are French right?
6. I will never get bored of Picasso. Ever.
7. French people do dress amazingly well.
8. The top of the Eiffel Tower opened just for us
(well it opened just as we got to the window to buy tickets
but the man said it was just for me and I believe him :D )
9. Our apartment was in the best area.
10. Eating dinner outside is so much better than inside.
11. Finding a Post Office was harder than we thought.
12. Visiting La Grande Arche de la Défense feels a bit like travelling to the future after exploring the historal city.
13. The Kronenberg tasted much better there...
14. I still think the fountains outside the Pompidou Center are ugly
(those and the Musee D'orsay were the only things
I really remembered from a school trip when I was 13...)
15. There are so many cute dogs in Paris, I was smiling the whole time.
Paris was beautiful and enchanting. It was everything that I expected it to be and more and I'm so glad that we spent a week there as it truly felt like we got a glimpse of Parisian life and I definitely think we'll be going back at some point in the future... just for one more pastry!
p.s. I've said it before but Thomas really does take the best photos of me.
p.p.s. Also, the pleated skirt in the first photo - another amazing charity shop bargain, I love it!